I’ve spoken about my adventures to a wide variety of audiences:
- Mountain film festivals
- Tech startups
I deeply enjoy sharing very personal stories and anecdotes from a decade of wild adventures in the mountains.
If you looking for a speaker at a corporate event and want a fresh perspective from outside of the corporate world then I would love to hear from you. I relate how risk taking and decision making in the mountains in life or death situations is often not so different from the risky challenges facing startups in a dynamic and fast moving world. I explore these themes using very personal stories of success and failure.
‘Tom’s experiences and stories about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the world’s wildest places has lessons for all of us. Engaging, thought provoking and inspiring.’
– Misha Gopaul, CEO and Co-Founder of FATMAP
- The freedom of total commitment
- Harnessing Flow States to perform beyond what you thought possible
- Embracing uncertainty and the unknown
- Mental frameworks for justifying risk taking
- When to listen to your gut and when not to. Rational thinking in critical situations.
- Assembling the right team with a shared risk tolerance and how to harness group Flow States when egos are put aside.